Conditions of Hire
THE CROFT HALL
The Croft, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 0HY
The Croft Hall is a Registered Charity No. 231437
Your booking of the premises on the date and time stated overleaf is hereby confirmed subject to the following conditions with which you must comply:
- The premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition, with all lights switched off and radiators turned down after the end of the function. The premises must be vacated by the stipulated hire finish time stated overleaf.
- The Hirer will be responsible for all damage done however caused to the premises, its decorations, fittings and furniture and to the car park by those in attendance at the event, including that caused by stiletto heels and shoe studs.
- All glass bottles must be taken away from the premises and not put in the rubbish bins or left inside or outside the building.
- Any electrical equipment brought into the premises must be safe for use and compliant with all relevant statutory regulations. The right is reserved to require production of appropriate safety certificates and other documentation in cases where there is any reasonable doubt.
- Noise must be kept to a reasonable level and people confined inside the premises, save in the event of fire or like emergency. All fire exits and other doors must be kept clear of obstruction at all times.
- Concerts, dances, exhibitions or other events to which the general public may be admitted on payment of an entry or admission fee may be subject to statutory regulation and restrictions. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure full compliance and obtain any necessary permissions and licences and to inform the Trustees before the event.
- The Hirer agrees to comply with all Acts of Parliament and other statutory requirements relevant to the event and to the Croft Hall’s Health and Safety policy, which is displayed on the notice board and a copy of which will be provided on request. All necessary supervision must be provided at all times.
Any hiring of the main Hall is subject to restrictions as to the capacity of the Hall which must not be exceeded. The maximum permitted number of people for typical events is:
- Dancing 140
- Seating as restaurant 70
- Closely seated, theatre style 120
- The Trustees accept no responsibility for the loss of personal property on the premises.
- The Trustees reserve the right to cancel the event at their reasonable discretion should there be any reasonable likelihood that any of these conditions will not be complied with. Following such cancellation the Hirer’s deposit will be refunded in full.
- The Trustees will provide insurance against public liability only (details are displayed on the notice board). It is the Hirer’s responsibility to arrange further insurances that may be necessary or advisable in relation to any other insurable risk.